Trick-or-Treat will take place on Wednesday, October 31 from 6 –8 p.m.
This event will take place rain or shine, please plan accordingly.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Plan your Trick-or-Treat Route in Advance
- Use direct routes with the fewest street crossings
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks
- Look left, right and left again when crossing the street and keep looking while you cross
- Always walk on sidewalks and paths, avoid walking in the street
- If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible
- Watch for turning and backing cars
- Avoid walking between cars parked along the street
Trick or Treat With an Adult and Groups
- Children under the age of 12 should be accompanied by an adult
- Stay in familiar areas and with groups
Keep Costumes both Creative and Safe
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers
- Wear comfy shoes and clothing
- Dress appropriately for the weather conditions
- Choose light colored clothing
- Use face paint and makeup instead of masks, which can obstruct vision
- Have kids carry/wear glow sticks, flashlights or other light up devices to help them be seen by drivers
- When selecting a costume make sure it fits well to prevent trips and falls
Drive Extra Safely on Halloween
- Motorists are asked to slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods.
- Take extra time at intersections and crosswalks
- Exit driveways slowly and carefully
- Eliminate distractions in your vehicle that may block or view
- Drive slowly and anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic
- Turn headlights on earlier in the day to be more visible from greater distances
Check Your Candy
When sorting through candy at the end of the night, be sure to throw away any candy that is not in its original wrapper or looks though it has been opened
Most of all Be Safe and Have Fun!