Onyx is comprised of a mixture of asphalt emulsion, angular fine aggregates, recycled materials, polymers and catalysts. Onyx is designed to fill minor cracking and provide pavement surface skid resistance.
benefits of onyx:
- Fills the minor cracks extending the useful life of asphalt by keeping air/water out, stopping oxidation.
- Improves safety by providing a skid resistant surface.
- Uniform black color that provides aesthetic value.
- Minimal downtime.
placing onyx the roadway requires the following steps:
- Repairs made to the surface course.
- Crack seal the surface course.
- Placing of the Onyx.
- Pavement striping placed, where applicable.
There may be delays between each step due to the type of maintenance and/or the contractor’s schedule. We work with the contractor to complete the items in a timely manner but try to be flexible enough to get the best pricing.
For the latest construction information follow us: